Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hollidays, Training and Birthday's





We got back from Hawaii a couple of weeks ago and what a trip it was. So fun to see Marianna experience the beaches, the pools, the turtles, the fish. Everything is so amazing through the eyes of a child. I wonder what she thinks when she sees and experiences all these things for the first time. If I could make it back to Hawaii once a year I would be very content. Hopefully we can make it happen every year.

Training wise I took a week completely off when I got back from Hawaii and have ramped it back up this week. Training calendar looks like this:

Monday = Conventional Stance Deadlifts / Incline Bench Press / Weighted Pull ups
Tuesday = Sprint days at the Track / Speed work / 20 meters, 30 meters, 40 meters
Wednesday = Back Squat (with the bar really low on the back) / KB Clean and Press / Pull Ups
Thursday = Speed work on the Track / More 20's, 30's & 40's
Friday = Back Squats (again) / Snatches / Weighted Pull Ups / Heavy KB Clean and Press
Saturday = Active Recovery / Lots of Stretching
Sunday = Walk / Russian Sports Massage

(and Grease the Groove COC gripper work every day)

My strength goals are to increase my strength primarily in my Squat, my press and my Pull Ups. Also working on closing the number 2 COC gripper. Almost there!I will sprinkle in some swings and snatches to keep up a decent base of conditioning, although I feel as if my track warm ups are getting me in decent condition. My Speed goals are to get my 100 meter dash time back down to the low 11's by spring and to sprint a 10.8 or 10.9 second 100 meter dash by summer. I turned 35 years old last Wednesday so I know I am racing against my age and my lack of sprint conditioning. However I feel that I am more strong in ways I never was back in my mid 20's. I don't recover as fast as I did but I feel that I still have plenty of speed ready to BURST out.

3 comments:

fawn said...

Happy birthday Franz! Aaron and I love going to Hawaii too. We are planning a vacation there with Aaron's family this spring. I can't wait to show them around. Great pictures too!

Franklin said...

And a belated Happy B-day from me as well. Mariana gets cuter by the day!

Great work on the sprint conditioning .. its really fun to see the non-trivial impact the kettlebell training has on one's sport of choice.

And a Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

Dan Cenidoza said...

Dude, you live in La Jolla, what's a vacation in Hawaii? That's like me vacationing in Philly!

Glad to see you and the fam had a good time! Cute kid you got there!