My body got a stupid cold last weekend in Phoenix, so this week has been RECOVERY week. I didn't get it so bad however my energy levels and breathing have been severely compromised. Therefore no training this week. My post today is right out of Jordan Rubin's amazing book called THE MAKERS DIET. One of the best nutrition books I have ever read. The following is an excerpt from his book on things to do make yourself sick.
HOW TO GET SICK: A Modern Prescription for Illness
1. Stay out the sun
2. Go to bed after midnight
3. Never let them see you sweat
4. Take Megavitamins
5. Use Fluoride Toothpaste and mouthwash, and drink fluoridated water
6. Use artificial sweetners and avoid natural sugars
7. Shower every day, but don't bathe(take a bath)
8. Swim in chlorinated pools(and drink and shower with chlorinated water)
9. Don't breastfeed your baby
10. Get Tattoos
11. Get all of your immunization shots
12. Travel in airplanes often
13. Expose yourself often to electromagnetic energy
14.Use alot of skin care products, cosmetics, hair care products, nail care products, shampoos, soaps, perfumes, shaving cream, suntan lotion, and antibacterial soaps
15. Take lots of medications
16. Get your cavities filled with mercury
17. Do aerobic exercise
18. Wear contact lenses and receive implants of other foreign objects such as silicone breast implants
19. Live in a toxic home with toxic paint, carpet, mold, paraffin candles, etc..
20. Wear synthetic fabrics
21. Breathe with shallow breaths
22. Swallow your food without chewing well (or at all)
23. Use plastic food storage products, the popular food wraps, and re-use plastic drinking bottles
24. Eat grocery store produce and processed foods treated with pesticides, herbacides, animal growth hormones, and anti-biotics, don't forget hybridized, irradiated, and genetically altered foods
25. Weart tight underclothing
26. Undergo surgery to remove "unnecessary body parts"
27. Visit your medical doctor often
Now some of you may read those and disagree with alot of them . Some of them are no-brainers while others I know people will debate about. Either way this is what Dr. Rubin notes as the most up to date scientific research and bibilically based info available today for optimal health. Follow these 27 guidelines and you will be sick and diseased. What's cool about his book is that he references the exact scritpures that explain God's reasoning for eating and not eating certain foods. Fascinating!