Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Refining Process of Wheat......

The following is taken from the Standard Process Webpage
Wheat kernel comprised of starch and
nutrient-rich bran and germ
Bran and germ are removed, resulting in primarily empty starch (flour).
Processed flour is bleached to improve the appearance and texture of consumer goods.
Bleached flour is enriched by adding in a few isolated B vitamins and iron in an attempt to replace what has been removed.
Nutrient-deficient consumer goods that have the ability to sit on a store shelf for an extended period of time are the final result.
We eat plenty but we are still starving. As a nation, we eat poor-quality foods that have been stripped of nutrients. We do not consume enough fresh fruits and vegetables. Many of us get our whole grains from instant rice, refined wheat breads, pastas, and cereal. We eat a tremendous amount of prepackaged, pre-made meals. One-quarter of Americans eat at fast food restaurants each day. Americans are overfed and undernourished. The foods we eat are not providing our bodies with the nutrition it needs to survive and be healthy. We are starving our bodies and we are sick. We suffer from diabetes, heart attacks, obesity, and the list goes on and on.

Only whole food supplements complete the nutritional gap.
A word of advice: Not all whole food supplements are the same.

There is good news.

Given proper nutrition, the human body has an amazing ability to heal itself. If properly fed and given the right nutrients, the human body is designed to repair itself. To do so, we need to eat a healthier diet, exercise, and take high-quality supplements made from whole foods. Whole food supplements supply our bodies with nutrients we are not getting from our diet, all the vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, and phytonutrients that foods possess in a way that nature intended, in a whole food form. Whole food supplements are made by concentrating foods for use in supplements. When processed correctly, they supply a multitude of the plant's components. Foods provide nutrients that work synergistically. They work together to provide you with optimal nutrition for good health. Many whole food supplements available in today's marketplace range in quality. Companies are riding the wave of supplement popularity rather than focusing on commitment and quality.
- Standard Process Webpage


This is my third week on my structured training program and it feels great. The lack of sugar in my diet is improving my recovery big time. I am not getting nearly as sore and I have more energy. The Standard Process supplements I taking are helping big time as well:

- Multizyme (a pancreatic enzyme supplement to help take the stress off my pancreas)
- Zypan - (Betaine Hydrochloride - more an acid to break down proteins better)
- Spleen PMG ( A protomorphogin designed to rebuild my spleen)
- Zymex II - (an anti- parasitical/bug product to help remove the debris from a dying parasite)
- Catalyn - (Standard Process' whole foods based multi-vitamin - it really is just a bunch of freeze dried whole food - GREAT PRODUCT)


Wednesday Training

Incline Bench Press
Warm Up
160 x 3 x 3 sets

Weighted Chin Ups
40kg x 2 reps x 2 sets
20kg x 5 reps x 2 sets

Snatches
40kg Left side - fail Right side x 2 reps
32kg 5/5 x 1 sets
24kg x 10/10 x 1 set



7 comments:

Sean Schniederjan RKC said...

those are some big chin ups! how many BW chins can you do?

what happened w/ the 40kg snatches? i thought i saw a video of you doing 16r/10l or something like that.

fawn said...

Excellent message Franz! It was like you were reading my mind! I was thinking about posting a message about how strong digestions keeps you healthy and strong! Real food is medicine!

Franz Snideman said...

Sean,

I don't know how many bodyweight chins I can do because I have never tried for max reps. I can do 19 full pull ups though. Pull ups are more friendly to my elbows so that I what I do more.

Not sure what happened on the snatches.......I think I was just not mentally prepared. Usually I can at least muster up a couple of reps on the left side. Although my left shoulder is much more unstable and weak, so that is probably the cause...no,that is for sure the cause!!!

Franz Snideman said...

Fawn,

thanks! Yeah I think everyone should have to log their food for one month and they will see how much refined food they are putting in their bodies (including myself). I will say that cutting the refined sugar out of my diet and naturally caused me to eat less refined grains and other fake food. I'm not 100% perfect but I am definitely not eating any desserts, ice cream, cookies, pastries, candies, cakes, brownies or any other type of sweets! I feel much better :)

CI said...

Hey Franz,

I've been using the Standard Process supplements for several years. Good Stuff. I recently just found someone who can order them for me on a regular basis. I take Catalyn Daily and throw SP Complete in with my shakes it helps on days I don't get enough veggies.

I've also done their "cleanse" and had good results. After this next comp, I'll consider doing another one.

Definitely can't go wrong with whole food supplements like those.

CI

Franz Snideman said...

Hey Catherine,

Thanks for checking in! Congratulations on your performance at the KB World Championships! Unreal!

Yes, the SP supplements are excellent. I actually managed to get myself into the system where I am now learning how to use the products clinically and am selling them as well. Love the SP complete to!

CI said...

Thanks Franz! Take Care.

CI