Friday, August 11, 2006

Ken Black is a Genious!

You would think as a Strength Coach I would apply what I know to be true and what I teach my clients. Guess again. After talking to Ken Black yesterday he asked my "Why aren't you at leat performing some light KB moves for your injured right elbow".....................Good point Ken! I tried some light presses and rows and instantly my elbow started feeling better. And today it feels the best it has felt in weeks. Thanks Ken! The recent interview of the Stretch Band guy on T-nation talks about the importance of getting blood flow to the injured area ASAP. It's practical and it makes sense

Deadlifts

135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1 x 5

Clean and Press

24kg 5 x 5 sets (left arm only)
8kg 10 x 3 sets (right arm)
12kg 10 x 1 (right arm)

Single Arm Bent Over Rows

32kg 6 x 5 sets (left arm only)
16kg 10 x 5 sets (right arm only)

Deadlifts felt pretty good and no pain in the elbow. Have not performed deadlifts in quite some time. Felt good to pull a little iron off the floor. Low back feels fine today.

3 comments:

Ken Black said...

Franz you are way too kind. You have helped me out in many more ways than I could have imagined. It is my pleasure to try and help you in any way I can. You are a true friend and a great colleague.
Thank you.
P.S I finished the book last night. It is a fantastic book. Straightforward and insightful. I am so proud to have been a part of it:)

Pete said...

Yep, Ken is the man......Sac is lucky to have him!

Mark Reifkind said...

black be da man.blood is good. range of motion is critical too. heal well.