Monday, July 03, 2006

Sunday Sprints at the Track

Waking up yesterday, looking at the glorious sunny day, knew it was a track day. It has been very humid and hot lately, but I love it. Warming up your body when it is warm is so much easier than when it's cold and dry outside.

WARM UP:
track drills (lots of them)
Hip Mobility
(this whole arm up usually takes around 20 to 25 minutes)

30 meter sprints x 3

150 meter sprints x 4 (these were tough)

These were great because one direction I was running into the wind and that was so difficult. The other direction I was running with the wind and it made me run so much faster. So it was a nice nervous system overload, one sprint had resistance while the other one was no resistance. I felt like I was flying when the wind was pushing me on, what an amazing feeling. I am slowly going to start to adding more special endurance runs like the 150's and eventually up to 300 meters. What was also cool was that in running the 150 I was able to hit my top speed and hold it for a couple of seconds. With the 30 meter sprints I usually do, I never get up to full speed where I can OPEN it up and just go for it. Now I know that the acceleration is there so I can start doing a little more endurance runs (yes, can you believe it, that 150 meters is endurance for a sprinter?)

Felt great!

No comments: