Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Training

Mentally I am very tired so energy has not been too great. I am very sore in the upper back and traps from the Snatch test on Tuesday, although it feels like I needed it. There is a very unique type of conditioning you can only get from high rep kettlebell work. Pavel talks about it in the Russian Kettlebell Challenge how the Russians abandoned the low rep maximal strength work for the higher rep work which gave them "staying" power for the brutal and often harsh realities of Russian Life. Bottom line - why do not both - the higher rep ballistic work and the lower rep GRIND work.

Double Clean and Press

53kg x 2 10 sets x 2 reps

Weighted Pulls Ups

48kg x 3 negatives (8-10 seconds holds) - very tough

I tried a couple of full reps and came up a little short. Can't quite get my Chin to the bar. Yoana says I'm only a couple of inches away. Hopefully soon I will be able to do a full chin with the beast.

That it for today. Stretching later tonight.

3 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Great reflection. As much as I dislike high reps, they truly do make a difference. Nice workout...sounds like great quality and 32 kg on the CP is excellent and the Beast negatives is awesome...I need one of those so I cancompete with you, and the Cotters ofthe world :-)

I can see you are inspired and your Snatch workout is making me step up

Franz Snideman said...

thanks Joe. Definitely want to pull up the BEAST. Soon, soon!

Cotter is in a different league of his own, you are alot closer to his league than I am. You pistol the beast and press it, that is amazing. I'm not there yet.

Franz Snideman said...

thanks Joe. Definitely want to pull up the BEAST. Soon, soon!

Cotter is in a different league of his own, you are alot closer to his league than I am. You pistol the beast and press it, that is amazing. I'm not there yet.